I was lucky enough to spend lunch time with my parents yesterday. I got some great news when I arrived. My mom was about to receive her LAST dialysis treatment. While my mom expressed some nervousness about "being on her own" without the dialysis, I take this as a sign that her kidneys are doing their job.
In other good news, my dad is thinking sometime in these next few days they will move her from the fourth floor down to rehab. This move will mean that the doctors feel confident she is doing well enough they don't have to keep as close of eye on her. It will also mean intense physical and occupation therapy sessions.
Her current strength only allows her to walk a few feet before making the return trip to her bed. Depending on how fast she progresses it could be anywhere from a week to months before they release her. How ever long it takes, I want to be there on the day she gets to finally walk out the doors of that hospital and go home! We are one step closer to that goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment